There is nothing that can improve your confidence like a white smile. Stains build up on your teeth from smoking, drinking coffee and eating, but luckily there are now many different choices available to help you remove stains and whiten your smile.
Dental whitening comes in many different options at many different price points. You can choose an affordable option that you can do in your own home or you can go to your dentist’s office for a professional treatment. Keep reading to find out more about dental whitening products and treatments.
Whitening Products and Treatments
There are many different whitening treatments to choose from with one thing in common, they claim to whiten your teeth. It can be difficult to choose a whitening treatment when you are in the store so try to do a bit of research beforehand. Some tooth whiteners will only clean the surface level and others will provide deeper whitening using bleach. Look up customer reviews, ingredients, results and complaints on any whitening treatment you are interested in before purchasing. Some whitening products can cause temporary tooth sensitivity or gum inflammation. If sensitivity occurs you should decrease the frequency and duration that you use the whitening treatment. Some of the most common teeth whitening products include:
- Whitening Toothpastes
- There are many whitening toothpastes available. These toothpastes often use to whiten the surface of the teeth. It may take a few weeks of use to see results. It is important that if you are looking for drastically whiter teeth you most likely will not achieve that from using a whitening toothpaste.
- Whitening Strips
- Whitening strips are a very common method of whitening teeth. Teeth whitening kits penetrate below the surface level of the teeth for greater whitening. Teeth whitening kits in a variety of different formats including:
- 7 day, 14 day, 28 day treatments
- Day and night treatment processes
- Sensitive options
- Whitening Multistep Treatments
- Many whitening treatments are available that come with mouth guards, gel, whitening bleach, LED light and touchup pens. It is important to closely follow the directions on these treatments as misuse can cause tooth sensitivity or gum inflammation.
- Whitening Touch-up Pens
- Whitening touch-up pens are typically used in-between whitening treatments to keep your teeth white and ward off stains.
- Professional Whitening Treatments
- Most dentist clinics will offer some sort of whitening service. These whitening treatments are often the most expensive and effective. Professional whitening services using include the use of a laser, light or chemical agent.
A white smile has never been easier or more affordable thanks to the wide range of whitening products and treatments available. Whitening your smile can become a part of regular dental routine in addition to brushing, flossing and professional cleanings. Make sure to follow the instructions to get the best results and only use as the product as directed. To keep your smile white between professional or at-home whitening treatments you can use whitening touch-up products including pens, rinses, mouthwashes, toothpastes and chewing gums. These products are safe to use on a regular basis and can prevent new stains from setting. Shop and compare products to get the best whitening treatment to suit your dental needs.