Pool & Water Games
If you are looking to have fun with family or friends in the water there are many pool and water games to choose from. These games can be competitive and high energy, or can be casual and just for fun.
Ads related to
Having the right pool and water games on hand can easily add fun and excitement to your next get together. There are also many water sports that can be done individually if you are looking for some quiet time alone or personal exercise. Keep reading to find out more about some of the most popular individual and group pool and water games.
Popular Pool and Water Games
- Water basketball
- Water basketball is a fun, easy to play sport. It can be played with a few people or large group. All you need is a basketball net (floating or attached to the side of the pool) and an inflatable ball. You can practice shooting hoops by yourself or try playing a real game with friends.
- There are very few games that you only need one piece of equipment to play. Frisbee on land is fun but in the water it is even better. Playing toss in the water is not only fun with your friends, but your dog as well.
- Ring toss
- Ring toss is a fun and easy to play water game that requires very little equipment. All you need are toy rings (which can be floating rings for even easier access) and a marker for aim. Simply toss your rings towards the marker and see who is closest to determine a winner.
- Aqua fitness
- If you are looking to get in shape, but want to have fun and stay cool while doing so there is nothing quite like aqua fitness. You can do simple stretches, cardio activity, dance and more. Aqua fitness can be done as a group or individual activity.
- Pool bocce
- Bocce is a beloved lawn game, but it can be played in the water for even more fun as well. You won’t be able to use your heavy weighted lawn bocce set but you can use inexpensive inflatable balls to play. All you need is a few different colors of each ball for each player and a target. Whoever gets there balls closest to the target will earn points.
- Water volleyball
- Water volleyball is fun to play casually and competitively. It is easiest to play in a pool with a net set up. Then all you need is a beach ball and at least two players. You can keep track of points like you would in regular volleyball or can play just for fun.
- Floaty race
- Floaty races are a fun way to get your heart pumping and your body moving. All you have to do is choose your favorite floaty device (pool noodles, tubes), create a starting line and finish line and get moving.
- Noodle joust
- Pool noodles are an inexpensive addition to any pool or day at the beach. You can use them for floating on, playing with and noodle jousting. Noodle joust uses the pool noodles for playful combat. Just make sure to establish some safety rules before playing so that no one gets hurt.
- Swimming is one of the best ways to have a good time in the water. You can easily get exercise without the need for any equipment. There are many different types of swimming including the backstroke, sidestroke, breaststroke and more. You can practice your technique or improve your time.
Some of the other most popular pool and water games include water skiing, windsurfing, tubing, surfing and more.
When playing games in the water safety should come first. Make sure that everyone is wearing sunscreen, the proper floatation devices, and know the safety rules for being in the water. If children are playing in the pool or lake ensure that they have proper supervision. Stocking up on inexpensive water games to keep in your pool house or up at the cottage gives the opportunity for fun at any time. Next time you head down to the lake bring a few games or a Frisbee for hours of entertainment in the water.
Ads related to