It is extremely important to make sure that you have the best backup solutions available for your files. When choosing a backup solution for data recovery you should consider all of your needs.
The right backup solution can provide you with the insurance you need in what would otherwise be a devastating loss. Keep reading to find out more about data recovery.
RAID Data Recovery
RAID data recovery is a type of backup storage solution. It combines multiple disk drive components into logical and decipherable pieces. RAID recovery distributes the data among certain levels. Each level will use the word RAID and will be followed by a number. The RAID level protects the data. This allows you to back up all of your files from the corrupted source. You will not have to worry about trying to retrieve this data or fix corrupted files. RAID uses a variety of algorithms to recover the files that you need. The files may be stored on a hard drive, USB, CD, DVD or FTP. RAID recovery may be software based
Data recovery refers to the process of salvaging data. This data may have become inaccessible for a variety of reasons including corrupted files, damaged storage units or physically damaged items. Data can be recovered from a variety of different media including USB flash drives, CDs, DVDs, RAID subsystems, external hard disk drives, internal hard disk drives, tapes and more.
Stages of Data Recovery
There are four main stages often used for successful data recovery. These phases may not work for every type of data corruption as some may require a different type of data recovery.
- Stage 1- Repair the hard disk drive
- This stage involves repairing the hard disk drive so that data can be read or extracted from it. The way that the hard disk drive is repaired will depend on the type of storage device used.
- Stage 2- Image the drive
- This stage includes getting the data off the drive. An image is created of the drive to ensure that there is another copy of the data. This prevents the original source from being further damaged. It also allows for there to be another source where recovery procedures can be applied without the worry that there may be damage done to the original.
- Stage 3- Logical recovery of files
- Now that there is a copy of the drive you can begin to try and retrieve the data. Using the copy of the drive you may be able to repair the partition table or master boot record. This can give you the access you need to retrieve stored data and read the file system’s data structure.
- Stage 4- Repair damaged files
- Often the data will need to be reconstructed in order to become readable. These corrupted documents can be recovered using certain software. It may be recovered manually using a hex editor.
The right data recovery solution can give you the access you need to retrieve otherwise corrupted or damaged files. Make sure to do your research to get the right data recovery solution that meets your budget and overall needs.