Which Rewards Card Should You Choose?
The right rewards cards can earn you points quickly that can be redeemed for merchandise, services or even cash. There are many different cards to choose from so keep reading to find out more about the most popular ones.
Ads related to
There are a few things you should ask yourself before signing up for a rewards card. You should consider the following:
- Do you want cash back?
- The top cash back cards can earn you cash back easily- just by purchasing items you would be anyways. If you are looking for an easy way to be rewarded for your shopping, cash back cards may be the best option.
- Do you want to travel?
- If you like to travel and have the opportunity to do so in the near future, you may want to consider looking at a card that offers frequent flyer miles or hotel loyalty points. You may want to consider getting a rewards card that offers both. You can also choose to get more than one reward card to increase your rewards.
- Do you want flexibility?
- There are many rewards cards available that allow you to have choice when it comes to how you will redeem your reward points. If you get a flexible rewards card you may be able to use your points for a variety of different things including gift cards, store merchandise, travel, hotel stays, cash back and more.
Most Popular Rewards Cards
- Airline miles are known as frequent flyer miles. This loyalty program is offered by credit cards and airlines. You accumulate points based on how much you spend on your credit card or the distance that you fly. Many people believe that the amount of miles available means that is what you have earned, but it is actually the distance you have travelled.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- This reward card is not tied to a specific airline or hotel brand. You can actually use it in many different places, while earning 2 points for every $1 spent on dining or travel. You can also earn 1 point for every $1 spent on other items. You earn 50,000 bonus points for the first $4000 spent on your credit card within 3 months of opening the account. It doesn’t offer all of the perks that some other rewards cards do including free checked bags and priority boarding.
Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express
- If you are looking for a high return on your rewards card, this card may be the right choice for you. You will earn up to 6% cash back on up to $6000 spending a year, and unlimited 3% cash back at retail stores and gas stations. You will earn 1% cash back on all other purchases. It does have a high annual fee, but if you spend at least $1600 on groceries a year the cash back will be worth it. This card is not the right choice though if you plan on spending abroad.
Citi Double Cash Card
- Gives cardholders a very high cash back rate. You can earn 1% cash back when you make a purchase and another 1% when you pay off your card. You can redeem the cash back in a variety of ways including credit, gift cards or check. It may not be the best card choice for shopping abroad as it charges a 3% foreign transaction fee.
The right rewards card can make earning points easy and worthwhile.
Ads related to